Friday, March 30, 2007

Camp Crooked Creek

We are heading to Camp Crooked Creek Sunday for a WJ Troop meeting. I'm kind of looking forward to seeing the place again.

I say again, because we used to camp there when it was just a farm. We were there several times on District Camporees. It is just down the road from Bardstown.

I remember one night I was chopping wood for the fire at 2:00 am and my Scoutmaster yelled at me to go to bed. I remember snakes all over the place. I remember hiking across the road from Bernheim Forest to a little store and buying pop and candy.

It has been close to 30 years since I've been there. The camp wasn't even a thought on paper then. I hear that it is extremely nice and I'm looking forward to the visit. We'll go back in May for our WJ shake down camp out.

I'll just have to remember: No wood chopping after lights out!