Friday, March 23, 2007

Tubby Likes B.S.A.

Yesterday, the radio blurted out that annoying "news announcement" music. It is usually a wreck some where, but around 3:00 pm, we heard that Tubby was heading to the University of Minnesota.

Kentucky basketball is big in my family. My 2 brothers and I graduated from U.K. My oldest brother Bill was a manager for the team when Rupp was still there. He still talks about the time Caywood Ledford came up and comforted him as a homesick freshman.

I wish good luck to Coach Smith and his family. He is dedicated to the ideals that physical fitness, competition, and academics can positively change young people. Kind of like Scouting huh?

My son Will, received a very nice letter from Tubby when he received his Eagle. Coach Smith spoke highly of the values that Scouting teaches and was very congratulatory in a personal way. I have nothing negative to say about the man. If he likes the BSA, he's o.k. in my book.

However, has anybody called Billy Donovan yet?