Tuesday, January 8, 2008

New 62 Flap

It looks like our Brothers in Louisville have made a new flap. Don visited the Talligewi Winter Banquet Saturday and got this for me. Thanks Chief!

I don't collect KY stuff, but this is a nice piece. 12 colors! Most noticeably is that there is only 1 flap and not the traditional Ordeal, Brotherhood, and Vigil versions. National put an end to that.

Back growing up in Zit-Kala-Sha Lodge out of Louisville, they always had the O, B, V flaps. I didn't know any better, until I moved and joined Kawida. Personally, I believe that 1 Lodge should have 1 flap and not distinguish between membership honors.

I'm sure that there are many unhappy Lodges with this new rule. I know of several Lodges in our Section SR-6N that will have to change.

More to collect for those who have the "thread disease".