Wednesday, April 4, 2007

It's Magic

We only had 4 Scouts and 2 adults at our meeting last night. It is Spring Break. It was magic though. The 2 older Scouts taught the 2 new Scouts how to properly put up and take down a tent.

I'm going to reveal a part of my past. I used to be a magician. My first show was for my Troop when I got Eagle. I used to practice and read books all the time. I did birthday parties and taught lessons. I performed during breaks at a night club once.

I've sold all my stuff, but I still appreciate the fine art of a good magician. The craft taught me to stand and speak before a crowd. I learned to practice, practice, practice. I learned to keep a secret, because knowing how it is done, is not near as fun as the mystery.

Let me warn you now. Don't ask me to do a magic trick! I got that a lot in high school. My answer then, as now is:

Poof. You're ugly!