Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Law Merit Badge

We had another great Troop meeting last night. We watched the British DVD about the first 100 years of Scouting. It is a great collection of history and greetings from Scouts all over the world.

Next week, we are starting on Law Merit Badge for some of the older guys.

I checked out http://www.bsalegal.org/ the other day and found that the ACLU lost it's case against the Department of Defense for supporting the NJ at Ft. A.P. Hill. I like A.P. Hill and I'm glad it is staying there.

National Jamborees used to be at different places, all over the country. I remember when I was 19 at the '81 NJ and asked Chief Scout Executive, Jim Tarr, where the next one would be? He told me that the next "several" Jamborees would be at A.P. Hill, due to the cost of site development. He was correct. There have been 7 and it looks good for the BSA's 100th anniversary to be there once again in 2010.

Thanks to, I'm sure several folks, who earned the Law Merit Badge!