Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Old Friend-New Neighbor

We had a good Troop meeting last night. I think we are ready to go to McKee.

I was just about to pull into the garage, when I notice the neighbor's house had a bunch of boxes on the porch. I had heard rumors someone was moving in, so I went over to say Hi.

It was Carl Kinzel and his family!

Carl was an Assistant Scoutmaster for Troop 12 from 2004 - 2005 while he was attending Medical School. He has returned to finish his residency. Some of you might remember him from the Spring Camporee that Doug Ramey hosted back in '05.

Carl has a very special gift. When he talks, kids are captivated. I mean it is magical to see him teach Scout Skills. He is the best I have ever seen.

I welcomed him back and to the neighborhood. I also mentioned that we still meet every Tuesday. He told me that his time was tight. I told him that it is just an hour a week!