Monday, June 11, 2007

Surprise Visit

Will and Aaron got off to Camp McKee yesterday for their first experience as Staff. I hope they do well. It is all the two of them have talked about, since they both joined the Troop.

After they left, I set back on the couch and start "tatering", when the phone rings. "Hey! What are you doing right now? Meet me at Sub Way in 35 minutes." I grab a few patches and my keys and I'm gone.

My old buddy Mike Kilbourne just got into town to visit his family and he dropped off Devan Allara's Eagle portrait. Mike is doing great, back on Long Island, has a "lady friend", and is Unit Commissioner for 2 Troops and 2 Packs. He just got back from a month long trip to Germany in which he was made an honorary Bavarian Scout. Pretty cool.

Devan's portrait is Mike's 319th. I mentioned his artistic contributions to Scouting Magazine a while back, but there was no interest. It is sad, that so many great artists, go without recognition, until after they pass away.