Thursday, June 7, 2007

Troop Physicals

We had our Troop Physicals this week and we all passed and are clear for a week at McKee. Pikeville College School of Osteopathic Medicine does them for us for free and they do a great job. They use medical students, along with some savvy professors and directors, and the results can be surprising.

I remember our first year, my blood pressure was a little high, and Dr. Betts told me to go see my regular doctor and get it fixed. I didn't. A week or so later, I ran into to Dr. Betts and he asked if I had that taken care of yet. I said, no. I'll never forget what he said to me, "You know I can stop you from going to Summer Camp."

Today, I'm currently taking cholesterol and high blood pressure medicines and have driving glasses. It was a "tough pill" to swallow, but I feel great and am in good shape.

The way I see it is, you can either be healthy and keep up with the kids or you can be hard headed, not listen to a doctor, and stroke out.