Thursday, July 19, 2007

All Packed And Ready To Go

All of the meetings are done. The pre-WJ Camp Out was great. All of the patches are sewn on. 100% of the payments have been made. Passports, paper work, and medical forms are in, copied, and filed.

My bags are packed and I'm ready to go. A little tight, but I'm ready. Don told me earlier this week that his duffel bag weighed over 50 lbs. Mine only came in at 35 lbs.

I am taking a lot of stuff to trade, maybe that is why my bag is so light. The way I figure it, I can wash underwear and T-shirts, but I can't "swap badges", if I don't have any ammunition!

Everyone say a prayer today for Joe Ball. Joe is our senior ASM for World. He has been around Scouting for a really long time and this trip was going to be his last, before retiring from Scoutmaster from his Troop in Shepherdsville.

Joe sent me an email last night saying that his doctor wanted to see him this morning and may have to go to the hospital.

Update: I have some sad news to report. Our second assistant Scoutmaster Joe Ball has been hospitalized with pneumonia and the doctor will not release him to join us on Monday. We have a back up leader in place, John Scott-he played the bagpipes at the pre jamboree campout-who is a jamboree staff member, can help us out. John is on the same flight as us going over. We are doing what we can to have Joe come over when he is better and then return home with us. Joe has been a Scoutmaster for 40 years and deserves this trip more than anyone, so keep him in your prayers for his quick recovery so he can join us.