Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Breaking Camp

The breaking news is that we have successfully packed up, torn down everything, had lunch, and we are ready to come home. There is nothing left in our camp site, but the trail we used to walk on in between our tents. Sort of a sad sight.

Several of our neighbors aren't leaving until tomorrow afternoon, but they don't have to travel as far as we do.

We have the closing show tonight at 9:00 and that should last until 11:30. After that, I guess we'll just stay up and party for the last little bit.

We have to be up at our gate to leave at 3:20 in the morning to meet our bus and head to Gatwick for a 10:00 flight. We should be back in Cincy around 2:00-ish.

I'll miss this place and all of the new friends I've made. I'll miss these great Scouts and Scouters from IN and KY. It has been wonderful. Beyond my wildest dreams.

I can't wait to get home and show you all my pictures and tell you all of our stories. Please be patient and understanding. This experience has changed my life and I probably won't shut up for years.

Open the flood gates. The "Scouting in the Hills" boys are coming home.