Sunday, September 23, 2007

Critter Dinner

Doug Ramey kidnapped me and took me up to McKee ( 2 Saturdays for me in a row ) for the 2nd Annual Critter Dinner. Dan O'Canna was our host for a wonderful reunion of Wood Badger's, and what exactly you are supposed to do, after you have received your beads.

It had been a very long time since I wore my WB necker. I had to literally shake the dust off.

The event is a fundraiser for training in the BGC. I threw in some Gilwell patches from England this summer that fetched $60. and a Mike Kilbourne O.A. print got $40.

It was nice to hear some of that good old music from A. Watts and Co. It was fun to fellowship and to make a new commitment to the training and betterment of our program.

We need new folks to take Wood Badge!

On the way home, Doug and I both agreed, that "Scouting in the Hills" needs a lot of folks to attend this spring. We are in need of what that Bob White Patrol did for us a couple of years ago.

It made me think about what I learned in #1 Scoutmastership Wood Badge. Start and end on time. The new Scout is the most important person in the program. I can't think of the rest, but I say it and use it every Troop, Crew, and Ship meeting and outing. Heck, I use it every day!


One of my treasures is my WB necker signed by my SM Green Bar Bill.