Monday, September 10, 2007

Huge Ordeal

I knew it was going to be big, but I didn't think that our Ordeal this past weekend would be HUGE!

There were 103 Ordeal candidates. That is the largest number I have seen in a while. We completely filled the outer rim of the OA Ceremony Ground in order to sing our song! Clay Rose said that he remembered 110 at one time. Ranger Ken Green mentioned that Kawida had 125 at one particular Ordeal event. We had a large group go through last year, but I can't remember the number. It was the big one that Doug Ramey, Tom Hill, and Glen Felty went through?

Whether we were close to a record isn't important. What is important that the event was great and I hope that all 103 new Kawida members will return to the Fall Fellowship, Winter Banquet, and next year, obtain their Brotherhood membership.