Saturday, October 27, 2007

COC Meeting

Mr. Watts, Don, HoggMan, Billy Z., Anthony K., and I took off Friday evening to camp out in the Hyatt Place non-primitive camping facility in Hendersonville, TN. I believe Mr. Watts said it correctly. "This place is above my raising!" Each room had a sitting area, huge plasma TV, kitchen, and all of the fixings. (We paid for our own rooms).

We all got up on time, had a quick bite, and traveled to Boxwell Scout Reservation and saw a bunch of deer and a flock of turkeys. (Don't ask about the albino turkeys we saw)!

All of the Lodges from our Section SR-6N were represented to plan, prepare, and discuss our up coming Conclave. I was prepared for the worst, but it really was a great meeting and a lot of items got concreted.

Bottom line is the 2008 Conclave (Camp Mac Morris, Jackson, TN) is going to be awesome and our guys did great. It was a long drive, but I learned something and I think our youth leaders did too.