Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Serious Hardware

We had a great Court of Honor last night. A bunch of Merit Badges and 5 Rank Advancements. Will Hogg received his Ordinary and Bronze Sea Scout award. Don racked up big time with the Ordinary, Quest award, Bronze award, Gold award, and Silver award. I know that sounds like a lot for one person, but believe me, I didn't let Don slide, and he has earned every one.


Scouty Claus always makes his presence known to us in December. This year he gave everybody a special Merit Badge. Badges like Outhouse Tipping, Toilet Clogging, Pyro Maniac, and Fart Lighting. I got the Ebsa Ebay Bidding Merit Badge. Do I really buy that many patches on Ebay?


My big announcement at the close was, that I am retiring as Scoutmaster of Troop 12.


I will continue as Assistant Scoutmaster, Crew Adviser, Ship Mate, Roundtable Commissioner, Chapter Adviser, and Van Driver. I ain't going any where. Just giving up the top job to one of the best Troops in the history of the BSA!