Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Play Time

When I was a freshman back in high school, our drama coach asked me to try out for a part. I did. He told me, "Goff, with that accent, you will never make it. Can you use a hammer?" I could and did. For 4 years I was the behind the scenes guy who did everything, attended all of the practices, and performances. I learned to love the theater!

Over the weekend we had 4 Scouts, 2 Eagle, 1 almost Eagle, and the other well on the way, perform in the musical "Guys and Dolls". I'm not a professional critic for the newspaper, but it was out of this world! Really. Tremendous job by all of the students and I thoroughly enjoyed the show.

Jared, Ryan, Devin, and Baby Goff may never make it to Broadway. Maybe they will? They all got their start doing skits like " I got to go Wee" and "World's Greatest Super Hero" in Boy Scouts.