Thursday, October 23, 2008

Heroes

The other night at the Webelos Cross Over, I had the grand opportunity to visit with a couple of my heroes. Jim Goss, an old Scoutmaster of Troop 12 at the old First Presbyterian Church was there. He was very active in the 1970's. He mentioned the 3 weekend hike down in Tennessee, where they hiked 150 miles.

Ray Bartley ( in the '85 NJ shirt ) was also there. He was legendary back in the 1980's with Troop 10 from the Pikeville Methodist Church. Those guys went every where all of the time. Big number of Eagle Scouts from Ray's leadership.

Both of these old Pikeville Scouters were at the Pack 12 meeting, because they both have grandsons who are Wolf Scouts.

When I grow up I want to be like them!

By the way, I Photo Shopped us all in the woods. It only seemed right.