Saturday, January 3, 2009

Sea Base 2008 - 2009

Every High Adventure trip is just that. HIGH ADVENTURE!

Our trip this year back to the Florida Sea Base was very different from last year. Everything that Sea Base offers is great. We all loved the VIVID and Captain Kate. The skills that we all learned were awesome. Who knows, maybe someday, one of our Scouts will buy a boat and continue what we did?

The program was A+. The food was unbelievable. I lost 8 pounds at Philmont and gained 8 on this trip. The fishing was good. I think Doug and I expected to catch something every hour, but we really weren't that far out in the ocean.

The weather was wonderful. 80's and 90's during the day. Slight chill when the sun was down. We had just a few drops of rain as we were coming back to dock.

This adventure really helped Don and "Goffy" (a new nickname from Captain Kate), advance in their Sea Scout advancement. Doug, Caleb, Sam, Graham, and Drake found a new love for sailing and snorkeling.

I love the Florida High Adventure Sea Base! I've had the grand opportunity to go twice. Thank you Benjamin Alexander. I hope to get to go back again some day.

It really is that good.

Still today, when I sit or stand still, I can feel the VIVID rocking side to side and up and down. I wish that feeling would never go away.


http://sailingvesselVIVID.com/index.html



CRS122708B The Kentucky Boys did well.