Tuesday, June 29, 2010

eBay 101


I recently purchased a "set" of our Section SR 6 Conclave items on eBay for $51.01. I didn’t need any of the items, but it was just too good of a deal to pass up.

I sold them on eBay as individuals items. Instead of 1 auction with 7 different items, I sold them in 7 separate individual sales.

The sale ended. All 7 of the items sold.

Total: $188.03 total!

The Ceremonies Staff patch alone sold for $71.00. Now to make things even better, I had an extra one, and sold it as a "Second Chance Offer" to the next highest bidder for $70.00.

I’m not keeping any of the money though. All $258.03 will go to Kawida Lodge.

The lesson here is to not sell stuff in a "set".

Ever wonder how all of the big time dealers make their money? They buy large bulk sales and then piece it out. Not a bad business.