Monday, May 9, 2016

I've Scaled Back

This is my current uniform look.  Very plain and simple.
This was about 10 years ago.

I get told all the time, that I need a Kawida flap at least, and a Council Strip.  Unit numbers are important.  "You are an Eagle Scout and should wear the knot!"

All of these are true.  Recently, many times, new Scouters will ask me if I just joined?  Maybe I'm not setting the right example.  Our whole "do something for a carrot on a stick thing" seems to have worked well for a very long time.

I am more proud of the patches that our fellow youth and adults have earned, than the ones that I have received.

I will admit though, when a fellow Scouter receives something like the District Award of Merit or Silver Beaver, I am the first one on them as to where is that knot?