Friday, February 2, 2007

Poop, Puke, the A4, and Banquet!


My day started yesterday, with our cat pooping in the bathroom and not in the litter box. He is about 80 in cat years, my wife often reminds me. On the way to school, my daughter pukes in the truck. All of this, and I haven't had a cup of coffee!

I had a good email volley going with Tim Cummins of Frankfort yesterday. He is a big collector of KY - TN stuff. Several of you monkeys do that. I am trying to abstain. I thought I had the A4 that he needed. I got his hopes up. I went home to discover, that I had a bunch of the X4's. That sucks and I am very sorry Tim. Anyway, if you want some primo stuff from Lodges: Pellissippi 230, Ittawamba 235, Sequoyah 184, Ahoalan-Nachpikin 558 (or as my old buddy Harold Phillips calls them "A Holy Kitchen Napkin"), Chicksa 202, Wa-Hi-Nasa 111 (Yuck, who would want their stuff?) are the lodges that he is going to sell. Then all extra conclave stuff. Also, other patches from other Councils in lots of 25 patches.

Key Kawida pieces that Tim needs are: J1 Trail Hiker back patch, A1.5 Boone Trail with the round bottom, A2 Grey 15th Anniversary arrowhead, R2 Ceremonial Committees, and A4 1984 Section Conclave Host arrowhead.

Our District Banquet was supposed to be last night. Norm Marcum, our DC, wisely moved it to next Thursday. Although, we didn't get any snow? I get a call from Doug Ramey from Elkhorn City about 7:30 last night. He was in P-burg, wanting to know where everyone was? I felt like cat poop on the bathroom rug!!

Finally, it has been brought to my attention that this patch has been floating around this week. First off, let me say this: I found them at my front door and I do not know who left them there. Scout's Honor. I did some research on Google (since OA Chapter patches are no longer allowed, according to National Policy) and did discover that it is actually a French / English speaking fraternal organization. The Omega Alpha Tomahaken Chapter won this award last year. So now you know,...