Friday, February 16, 2007

Smack One Out of the Park

Remember the days when you played ball and you wanted that 1 pitch? You knew is was "yours" when you saw it roll off of the pitcher's hand. This is mine. All mine. SMACK. It was gone. Just a little smile; don't look at anyone.

I used to be a huge baseball fan. Riverfront, Wrigley, Fulton Co., Astrodome, just to name a few that I attended. My daughter talked me into taking the family to see a Braves vs. Dodgers game last year. It was great. In fact we are going to a Cubs vs. Braves game this year at Wrigley (I love it there!). So the plan is to go and see the Braves ( she likes them for some reason) play a game, somewhere, every year, until I can't walk.

I got a call yesterday from a Scout. He was in a van with a bunch of other Scouts from the BGC heading towards the Price of Freedom conference in Phily. He just called to tell me that they were in MD and there was a foot of snow there.

2 of the Venture Crew stopped by unexpectedly to visit and tell me about their progress on a service project. They were excited and plans are going well.

Scouting and what is provides for youth is like that 1 pitch. When the youth members want to connect with you, as a positive role model, then there is only one thing to do.

SMACK!