Monday, April 30, 2007

A New Chief

We survived another weekend of camping. Actually, the van had 9 on Friday, so we were o.k.

Joe Potter and Devin Porter got tapped out and successfully went through their Ordeal. Both these guys were in my Webelos Den, way back when.

The big news was that Jeremiah Back was elected Lodge Chief. Jeremiah came to the great Lonesome Pine from Arkansas several years ago. He was already an Eagle Scout and never really could hook up with an active Troop. He had every excuse not to be in Scouting, but he chose to be active in our Chapter and the Lodge. His dedication was recognized with the Vigil Honor and now Lodge Chief. Congrats Jeremiah!

I found this old nickel at Campsite #8 Saturday, while we were putting up tents. It probably isn't worth much, but I'm keeping it.
We are a little behind on our flaps. This is the Spring Fellowship issue.

I'm really pleased with our youth and the direction they are taking. I would almost bet that attendance will increase in activities this year.

I ain't betting my nickel though. Sorry!