Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Foosball

Back when I was a Scout, if I wasn't Scouting, I was playing foosball. I had my own table, ran a game room that had 12 tables, and traveled all over for table soccer tournaments.

My biggest win was my Senior year at UK when I won the singles tournament. That was big. I had gotten 2nd my Junior year and worked hard to beat that guy in my last year. I should have worked as hard on my grades.

Last night was a little slow in Venturing and the church had a foosball table for a yard sale, so we played. They all did well and showed control and improvement. I know that this isn't one of those things required in the book, but practicing patience, concentration, and team work isn't so bad. Heck we all had fun and learned something.

I like Don's comment to me. "You have the most random skills!"

To which I replied, "That are all worthless!!"