Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Romance Executive

Back when I was a DE in the 'Pine, I had a couple of volunteers who were always trying to hook me up with a date. Being single and new to the area did have its challenges.

The Merit Badge Fair Saturday produced more than a few badges. A few of us Scouters were setting around the Science Center and got to talking to a couple of gals working there. The conversation was interesting, but was going no where, so I asked "Clay is single. You know someone you could set him up with?" I guess he turned 3 shades of red.

Long story short: He got a phone number of one of the gals that worked there. They spent some time together that night and went to see Spiderman 3 on Sunday.

I hate to spread rumors, but it looks like our DE is earning his Romance Merit Badge!