Monday, March 12, 2007

Crossroads

Legendary blues musician, Robert Johnson wrote a song entitled "Crossroads" back in the 30's. The song has been covered by a lot of great musicians, like Clapton and Skynyrd. Enough for now from the School of Rock.

We had a great time at McKee this past weekend. We finished up the requirements for 2 Tenderfoot and 1 1st Class. I am still a little sore from the hike, but I needed it. The food worked out and was actually pretty good. Don and Billy got the new OA "Guide" hammered out. Andy, Aaron, and Devan did a great job in their leadership along the trail and with the Totin' Chip and Firem'n Chit. It really is wonderful to see the older guys teaching the new Scouts.

Will Goff decided at the last minute not to go on this trip. Basketball games, a friend's grandfather's funeral, and probably girlfriend excuses. It would have been his 100th and 101st nights camping. He is at the crossroads of his life and is making decisions. His absence did make me think though.

How long am I going to do this? I don't think that I will be a Doug Cox or Clay Rose or will I? Should I have stayed home for my wife's birthday Saturday? Am I at that crossroads right now, or is it just a bump in the road?