Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Service Projects

I like doing service projects. In some strange way, it reminds me of when I was young and worked cutting grass, stuffing newspapers, or while I was at Seboomook Base in Maine.

Just this week, we have helped set up tents at camp, visited Helping Hands, a local used clothing and living assistance center, to paint, hang a security mirror, and store boxes. Thursday we are building and staining a new picnic table for Habitat for Humanity.

It got me thinking about total hours, so I checked TroopMaster.

1,581 hours of service so far. That sounds like a lot, but if you do the math, it is only 4.5% of the time that we have been together.

I guess community service can't accurately be measured in hours. It is how your town looks and how happy the people are.

What would the world be like if everyone gave 4.5%?